How to tie a bow tie?
How to tie a bow tie? How to tie a bow tie? Every man should know how to do this. Tie a bow tie might be a challenge at first, especially when you have never done it before and running late for a dinner. A pre-tied bow tie may be a simple choice and it has its advantages with a clean and proper knot, but a self-tied bow tie is a versatile favorite and it's not about geometric perfection. Pre-tied bow ties could sometimes tend to give a too formal impression in some occasions and gatherings. If you instead learn how to tie a bow tie, you will get a beautiful, more relaxed shape that raises your style and works perfectly in any kind of situations. Like everything else in life it’s all about practice and once you learned how to make a bow tie knot you will never forget it. Follow our instructions below on how to tie a bow tie and you will always feel confident wearing this sophisticated male accessory. Tie a bow tie is like tying your shoes, the same knot but with a bow around the neck.
Tie a Bow Tie– Learn it step by step.
- Stand in front of a mirror. Place the bow tie around your neck and make sure the right end is about two inches longer than the left end
- Cross the right end over the left end
- Bring right end up and under the loop of the bow tie
- Double fold the left end over itself to form the front base loop of the bow tie
- Now it’s time to loop right end over the middle of the loop you just
- The hard part: Double right end on itself and push it through the loop behind the bow tie
- Tighten the knot you have created by pulling the ends you have created, straightening any crumples and creases, particularly in the narrow part at the center.
Now you know how to tie a bow tie and when someone ask for help it’s not only fun but impressive to teach your family and friends. Good luck!
Check out or short instructional video below on how to tie a bow tie